Friday, April 5, 2013

Our Lives with Animals

Most of us come into contact with animals throughout our day. Have you ever imagined what our lives would be like without our beloved pets? They are always there when you need someone to listen, and they never have a negative thing to say. What could be better?

I have a dog, 2 cats, and a horse that I cannot imagine living without. Animals are so central to my life that I would honestly feel empty without them. My dog "Rosie" came into my life four years ago, totally by chance. I was a sophomore in high school, and had just started driving. While driving on a rural highway, I pulled into a driveway to switch places with my mom. When I looked out the window, I noticed a tiny, emaciated dog behind a tree. I had never seen an animal in such terrible condition in person; only in photographs. I could count every bone in her body. Although it took some patience, we finally caught her and put her into the car with us to drive straight to the veterinarian's office. Exhausted, she fell asleep in my lap on the car ride and we knew that we had to keep her. After the vet declared that she "only needed a little TLC", we took her home.

Rosie has been the best dog we have ever owned, and I think she is truly grateful for the chance we gave her. Can you share any memorable animal stories of your own?

2 comments:

  1. I definitely have a special place in my heart for animals as well. My favorite memory is with my childhood chocolate lab. He ended up having to have a leg amputated and the memories I have with his precious, three-legged self will stay with me forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww animals are such an important part of our lives! Rosie's story is so great! I am so glad you were able to help her. The only animal story I have that is similar to that is when I was little I helped my friend nurse a bird with a broken wing back to health. She took care of it mostly and it flew off after it was healed up, but it's still nice to know I made a little difference!

    ReplyDelete